Today am going to show you guys a very easy way on how you can flash firmware file [Stock Rom] into your Samsung Smartphones.
Like we all know flashing of smartphones is not easy and sometimes very risky especially when you have no ideal on how to go about it.
But there are some reason why we have to flash our smartphones… below are some of them
- To factory reset your phone.
- Remove screen lock
- Remove Google lock
- Fix lagging
- Fix bootloop after flashing wrong firmware
- Downgrade or upgrade your Samsung smartphone.
- Fix system problem or app crashing problem.
To be sincere, flashing could fix some of the issues but not all of them, Some might be a hardware related issue and some software issues.
You have to be aware that flashing new firmware cannot remove Google FRP instead, you need to flash FRP separately.
Before we begin, we are going to need a few working tools.
What is required to flash Samsung phones using Odin
- A Windows PC.
- Odin Flashing software for Windows.
- Samsung USB Drivers.
- A good USB cable that can connect to PC.
- Samsung drivers for Samsung Model.
- The Samsung rom firmware for your phone.
- Samsung Kies software
- Your carefulness
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ARTICLE IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, SMARTPHONES AND ELECTRONICS CAN MISBEHAVE AND COULD GIVE DIFFERENT RESULTS PER USER END.
You are doing this totally on your own. We have tried this method and it worked very well for us. We hope it works for you as well.
The first thing you have to do is properly install drivers on your PC.
Download and install Samsung Kies to your PC, it helps to install the right driver for your Samsung smartphone.
You can confirm whether it installed the driver by launching the Samsung Kies and plugging your phone to see if it connects.
If it does, you are good to go, if it doesn’t, you can manually install the driver by downloading the driver for your Samsung model and install it.
To be on a safer side, you can just install the driver for your model manually, then Kies can update it if needed.
Once you are done with installing all Samsung drivers to your PC, the next thing is to download rom firmware.
Download the Samsung rom firmware file to your PC and extract it to a folder you can locate it easily.
The firmware extension should end with tar.md5, if not, you need to extract the right file.
Download Odin flashing software and extract it if needed.
Make sure your PC is connected to a power source or well charge to avoid interruption.
Getting the Job done
To begin flashing your Samsung phone, follow the steps below
- Launch Odin as administrator
- Power of your phone.
- Now press and hold the Home button, Volume down and power button, and do not release.
- Once you notice vibration, release the power button and keep holding the home and volume down button.
- Your phone will boot to the OS installation page.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB cord.
- Odin will detect your phone by showing you its added on the software.
- Once it detects your phone, click the AP or PDA to find the firmware.
- The AP or PDA depends on the version of Odin your using.
- Now locate the firmware where you extracted, you can just extract it to the desktop for easier access.
- Click the firmware file and it will be loaded in Odin.
- Wait for Odin to finish analyzing the file.
- Once it’s done, Click or tick the AP or PDA option in Odin
Click Option and make sure your option settings are as the one below.
- After then, now click Start to begin flashing.
- I will advise you to drop your smartphone where it won’t be interrupted
- Shaking or interrupting the flashing could ruin the phone for life.
- Wait for the flashing to finish and your phone will reboot once its done.
- Now unplug your phone and enjoy it
If you experience any problem trying this method on how to flash Samsung phones using Odin, please drop off a comment below.
Or you can contact us for help.
There are other methods to flash Samsung smartphones, Samsung MediaTek smartphones for example.
If your Samsung phone is MediaTek chipset, you will need SP Flash Tool to flash firmware to it.
You can follow there to flash your Samsung phone if its MediaTek.
Finally i hope it works for you just like mine…Goodluck